Dear Business Owner,
My name is Bob Britton, a fellow small business owner and president of Marketing Automation Group.
Most business owners I have worked with when they began with me, have at most 3 methods to attract high quality prospects and still don’t have enough customers.
What do I mean?
Most business owners get their customers from a referral, from a walk-in, or maybe, if they are lucky, from their website.
There are TWO problems with this, the first is that they do NOT have nearly enough lead generating methods in place and the ones they do have in place are NOT working as well as they could be, if at all.. Let’s take a closer look at this.
There are at least 9 ways to get new customers for your business (actually I’ve identified and laid out dozens, but for the purposes of this article, lets go with 9) not only 3. Here they are.
1. Referrals from past customers (the way I show you how)
3. Pay Per Click Marketing (the way I show you how)
4. New Mover Attraction Program
5. Cross selling with other business in your area
6. Open Houses
7. Inbound visits to your web site
8. Outbound email marketing
9. Direct mail to your ideal prospects (done the right way)
The more methods you use the MORE customers you will get and the more money you will make,
Its simple math.
It is very risky to only have a few methods because lets say you rely on walk-in and no one shows up. Or a direct mail campaign that worked in the past stopped working, again you’re in trouble. Wouldn’t you want as many methods working for you as you can? BUT if you have 7 to 9 methods bringing in customers and one or two falls apart you are still OK. You can STILL deposit a lot of money in your bank account.
The second biggest problem I see is the methods a business owner IS using are being done poorly. Let me explain by giving you a few examples.
1. Referrals- There is NO real system for getting referrals from current customers, there is no follow up. It just kinda happens in a hap-hazard way. As a result TONS of potential customers are falling through the cracks and not using the businesses services. They are letting thousands and thousands of dollars needlessly slip away.
2. No Unique Selling Proposition (USP – No businesses are distinguishing themselves from everyone else. How is a potential customer supposed to choose YOU when YOU “look” and say the same things as every other salon?
3. Pay Per Click Marketing – All the ads I see are missing the KEY elements (great headline, free information offer, 24-hour free recorded message, 800 number, compelling offer, etc.) to a successful ad. And you wonder why the results are so poor on the ads you run.
If you have any questions, need some immediate advice, or would like to get involved with my program please give me a call at 585-633-7563.
To your success,
Bob Britton is an accomplished entrepreneur with 25 year’s experience starting, building and growing both brick-and-mortar companies as well as online businesses. He's personally built 3 companies from one man shows to the million dollar mark. Marketing Automation Group and the Automated Entrepreneur Method® are his latest brainchild. After working with hundreds of business owners in every walk of business, he realized there was a HUGE gap in the support and training that was available, and set out to fill that void with his no-nonsense, hype free approach to business growth.