Marketing Automation Group
Share Your Thoughts!

The Great Technology Lie…

The GreatTechnologyLie

Alright, I’ve had enough! I can’t take it anymore. It’s time to set things straight. If I see another person sending me emails saying ‘double your sales in just 1 week’ or $17,000 in only 2 hours, or any other crap like that, I’m going to spit!

I’m sure the people sending this stuff are good people, that’s something I tend to believe (that most people are good), unfortunately, these people have succumbed to the great lie that is so pervasive today. It’s the lie being told by so many people that it’s almost starting to feel true. You see it everywhere, on Facebook, on twitter, in your email inbox, on webinars.. it’s literally everywhere.

What is this great lie?

That technology (in any shape or form – CRM systems (Infusionsoft, Ontraport, ect..), Webinar platforms, video hosting, blah, blah, blah…) can build your business. Don’t you believe it!!!

Now, being that I’m a former Infusionsoft Ultimate marketer myself, you might say, WTF? How can I say that? When in point of fact, Infusionsoft did help me triple sales at my business.

Here’s where I’m coming from. After winning the award, I decided to start helping other business owners implement this amazing technology into their business. After about 4 years of working with people, trying to teach them to use this technology more effectively, you know what I’ve discovered?

About 95% of the people that buy these technologies aren’t ready for them at all, most bought them to solve a problem with their business that technology in and of itself CANNOT fix.

Problems like:

Poor to non existent delegation skills
Trying to do everything themselves
No assets (money or otherwise)
No management skills
No clear offer
No clear target market
Poor messaging
And a lot more….

You see, the REASON I was able to triple sales at my business is because I already had clear offers, a clearly defined target, and kick butt messaging, BEFORE I added the technology to get that message to the right person at the right time. If you LISTEN to all of the people who have been finalists for the Ultimate Marketer (or won it), they ALREADY HAD these key things in place before getting the software. Take that a step farther, and I’d say ALL the people who have done well on the web, have these things figure out as well.

At the end of the day – the technology amounts to about 10% of the overall puzzle. It’s NEVER the technology that creates the buying frenzy – it’s the message to market match. The other 90% of success is a combination of high brain activities like crafting a clear offer, and figuring out how to reach your target cost effectively and a lot of the list above…

If you truly want to be successful, as quickly as possible, then focus your learning on these high brain, high leverage activities and you’re success will be all but guaranteed.

Continue to buy into the lie, and you’re destined for a life of struggle and strife.

– Bob

P.S. Want a program designed specifically to teach you how to master these skills? Check out my webinar (you can register here), or just sign up here.

About the Author Bob Britton

Bob Britton is an accomplished entrepreneur with ​25 year’s experience ​starting, building and growing both brick-and-mortar companies as well as online businesses. ​He's personally built 3 companies from one man shows to the million dollar mark. Marketing Automation Group and the Automated Entrepreneur Method​® are his latest brainchild. After working with hundreds of business owners in every walk of business, he realized there was a HUGE gap in the support and training that was available, and set out to fill that void with his no-nonsense, hype free approach to business growth.

follow me on:
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

>